Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Blogless Blues

I’ve gone through a bit of a blogging crisis.
Not quite existential, but along those lines.
To blog or not to blog?
Especially over the holidays, when there are more demands of me as a member of the non-cyber world.
Its raised all sorts of questions for me like:

1.How important are my rankings to me?
They’ve taken a significant beating over my Silent Night.

2. When is it OK to observe, to process and not to record?
I’ve had all sorts of ideas over this holiday season that I haven’t committed to my blog, and its left me with feeling lazy and unexpressed.

3. What is my level of commitment to my blog?
I experienced a kind of relief, just living and doing and not uploading.

4. What does this relief say about the divide between the doing world and the commenting world, the real and the 2.0?
I’m not sure. Because at the end of it all, I’ve felt the blogless blues, a removal from what I love about being awake to the things in my life that I want to share, to capture and to log in.
I feel like many of them have passed me by.
And I’ve missed reading about what others have logged in this holiday season.
I love to be connected.
I think this is what being a member of the blogosphere gives me.

At the same time, I’ve enjoyed being able to let go and be in the moment with my family and friends. Not that I could entirely silence my inner post-creator.

I have a friend who insists that the creative process requires ‘percolation’ time, and can’t always be done in a hurry, every day and every hour.
If so, I look forward to a productive 2009, filled with the freshly brewed creative products borne of this slow down.

No comments: